We are budget travelers at heart, so I am always on the lookout for good value vacation spots with kids. This is a continually updated list of the best family vacation deals that I have found, as well as pieces our family’s personal bucket list (I only list places that we have stayed at or that I would take my own family to).
Resorts and hotels with a price tag of hundreds of dollars a night are not budget friendly in my book. This list highlights the best family hotel deals, family vacation packages, family cruise deals and family airfare deals that I can find!
- Family Flight Deals
- Family Cruise Deals
- Destination Spotlight – The Best Family Vacation Deals for Spring Break
- Family Hotel and Resort Deals
- Our Family’s Favorites
Flight deals change ALL THE TIME! Skyscanner watches 24/7 for the best family airfare deals for you so you don’t have to!
Here is a list (updated daily) with the very best flight deals RIGHT NOW!
Ever wonder what the best time is to book flights? Check out this informative article to find out!
- Find the best Memorial Day flight deals for 2018!
- Looking for great deals to Europe? You can often get a great deal on airfare to Europe by flying on WOW are and making a stopover in Iceland!
- Here are some other great deals on airfare to Europe! If you are looking to escape across the pond, your way out could be here!
- Family Airfare Deals- Under $100!
- Family Airfare Deals – Under $200!!
- Skyscanner’s Best Family Vacation Flight Deals Worldwide!
Cruises are another great family vacation deal. Cruising with kids can be a great way to see the world together while giving everyone a little breathing room (kids usually LOVE the kids club and activities offered on cruise ships).
- CARIBBEAN: Norwegian cruises are great for families. Flexible dining options to fit everyone’s tastes! Hot Deal! 7 Night Caribbean Cruises from $479 on Norwegian Cruise Line, only at cruisedirect.com! FREE Liquor Package, Plus EXCLUSIVE – Up to $1,000 to Spend Onboard!!
- MEXICO: A short break on one of Carnival’s family friendly mid sized ships might be just what the doctor ordered! 4 Night Mexico Cruises from $204 on Carnival Cruise Line, only at cruisedirect.com! EXCLUSIVE – Up to $500 Bar Credit, Plus Free Upgrades!
- ALASKA: Alaska is a family vacation dream! 7 Night Alaska Cruises from $499 on Holland America, only at cruisedirect.com! We Pay Your Tips, Plus EXCLUSIVE – Up to $1,000 to Spend Onboard!
- EUROPE: This is an AWESOME deal for a family vacation to Europe! 7 Night Mediterranean Cruises from $532 on Costa Cruises, only at Cruisedirect.com! Massive Discounts, Plus 10% Off Shore Excursions!
- HAWAII: A cruise is a great way to see super expensive destinations like Hawaii because your lodging and food are included! 7 Night Mediterranean Cruises from $532 on Costa Cruises, only at Cruisedirect.com! Massive Discounts, Plus 10% Off Shore Excursions!
- CARIBBEAN: This is an UNHEARD of deal on Celebrity for the Caribbean…mom and dad need to get away sometimes, too! Hot Deal! 5 Night Caribbean Cruises from $349 on Celebrity Cruises, only at cruisedirect.com! Free Drinks, Free Tips, Plus EXCLUSIVE – Up to $1,300 to Spend Onboard!
- BERMUDA: Tired of the Caribbean? Try trendy Bermuda instead! 5 Night Bermuda Cruises from $499 on Royal Caribbean, only at cruisedirect.com! Get 50% OFF 2nd Guest, Plus EXCLUSIVE – Up to $1,000 to Spend Onboard!
- EUROPE: Longing for a family vacation to Europe? 7 Night Mediterranean Cruises from $532 on Costa Cruises, only at Cruisedirect.com! Massive Discounts, Plus 10% Off Shore Excursions!
- BAHAMAS: Carnival is a perpetual family favorite for good reason…7 Night Bahamas Cruises from $524 on Carnival, only at cruisedirect.com! EXCLUSIVE – Up to $1,000 Bar Credit, Plus Free Champagne & Cookies!
- BAHAMAS (DISNEY!): Dreaming of a Disney cruise? This is a great deal! 3 Night Bahamas Cruises from $729 on Disney Cruises, only at cruisedirect.com! EXCLUSIVE-Up to $500 to Spend Onboard, Plus 10% Off Shore Excursions!
If you are anything like us, by the time spring break comes, we are SOOOO ready for an escape. Unfortunately, spring break also brings with it higher prices and huge crowds.
Here are some ideas for some less traveled spring break destinations that we are considering this year! These budget friendly travel packages and family resort discounts will be easy on your sanity AND your wallet!
Vancouver is an amazing family vacation destination with kids of any age. Now that I have discovered how much there is to do around Vancouver with our kids, I have already mentally allotted a couple of trips (or at least a week) to cover it all!
Vancouver Highlights with Kids
- Granville Island
- Stanley Park
- The Capilano Suspension Bridge
Where to Stay in Vancouver with Kids
- Budget Choice – The Buchan Hotel : This budget friendly find offers no frills accommodations in the heart of downtown Vancouver. Basic and no frills does not necessarily mean dirty or run down. This hotel gets great reviews on Tripadvisor. This is where we are thinking of staying when we visit.
- A Unique and Meaningful Lodging Splurge – Skwachay’s Lodge: A boutique hotel that highlights Aboriginal Art and continually supports Aboriginal artists through this unique venture. Family suites and a rooftop garden are sure to make this a family hit!
This is just the tip of the iceberg of things to see and to in Vancouver! Believe it or not, March/April is actually a great time to visit Vancouver. The weather is still cool but not cold, and crowds of Summer have not yet descended. Prices are still budget friendly, making this a sweet escape with the littles.
Dallas Fort Worth:
Most folks think of the beachier destinations in the Lonestar State more so than large metropolitan cities as candidates for spring break trips. Dallas Fort Worth wasn’t even on my short list until saw how many toddler friendly things there were to do there! This is a great destination for folks looking for family vacation ideas on a budget.
Dallas Fort Worth Highlights with Kids
- Dallas Arboretum
- Fort Worth Stockyards
- Texas Horse Park
- Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
Where to Stay In Dallas with Kids:
- Homey and Close – Abby Guest House: This is a wee little guest house with a wee little yard for the kids to play in close to downtown Dallas! Great for a small family (one queen bed, one couch and the option of an air mattress).
- Budget Option – Days Inn Market Center: Staying near downtown isn’t cheap. This place is pretty close to downtown, fits the budget and gets good reviews for cleanliness on Tripadvisor.
- Classy, Convenient Splurge – Guestwiser Apartments Downtown Dallas: This is a large, two bedroom apartment close to downtown Dallas. Ideal for larger families with with all of the comforts of home (huge kitchen, washer, dryer, etc.) This apartment in an upscale apartment building has a pool, a movie room, and is just really cool looking!
Colorado Springs, CO:
When most people think of Colorado during spring break, they are picturing ski resorts and snow. Colorado Springs is a great destination for those who are looking for a great mix of outdoorsy and educational activities to do with kids.
Colorado Springs Highlights with Kids
- Garden of the Gods
- Manitou Cliff Dwellings
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
Where to Stay in Colorado Springs with Kids
- Rustic and Quaint and CHEAP – The Timber Lodge: This unique collection of cabins is perfect for families! It is close to Garden of the Gods and Manitou Springs. The budget friendly lodgings com in a variety of sizes to fit any family, some with kitchenettes. The best part for me is space for the kids to run around (including a playground and a pool).
- SUPER Kid and Budget Friendly Studio: I almost skipped over this one until I read a little deeper. This is a studio apartment in someone’s home, which I would normally pass by. When I red deeper, I discovered that this is a great arrangement for us as these folks have toddlers, too! A cozy studio with separate entrance and a backyard to play in…sounds like heaven on a TINY budget!
- Budget Winner in Manitou Springs – Americas Best Value Inn Villa Motel: Budget friendly hotels are hard to come by in Colorado Springs. There are TONS of chain hotels, but $150 and up is the norm (not “budget friendly in my book”). This hotel is located in nearby Manitou Springs. They offer a variety of accommodations (including some with kitchenette’s) and they get the highest reviews on Tripadvisor.
St Louis, MO:
I know, this isn’t usually what thinks of in a spring break destination, but hear me out. St Louis has TONS of stuff to keep your kids busy (and there is enough indoor activities if the Midwest spring weather is not so nice). When you need a little bribe action, promise them a trip to get some famous St. Louis Cream Cake or a trip to the iconic Ted Drewes.
St Louis Highlights with Kids
- City Museum
- The St. Louis Arch
- Magic House
- Grants Farm
Where to Stay in St Louis with Kids
- Budget Winner – Best Western Kirkwood Inn: Close but not right in Saint Louis, this value priced hotel has a lot to offer. Free breakfast and a pool at this price is a great value. Excellent Tripadvisor reviews put this at the top of my list.
- Unique Historic Building-Stay in a Converterd Bakery!: Budget options (especially ones with personality) are hard to come by in St. Louis. This offering fits a tight budget AND offers the unique experience of staying in a converted bakery. This place just LOOKS neat! Spacious and open, this unique space sleeps up to 4 and offers a spacious kitchen and a small outdoor courtyard space for fresh air.
- DISNEY Discounts: Getting discounts one theme park tickets is not an easy feat. Here are some great Disney Package deals that you help save you money on this bucket list family vacation!
- Holiday Inn Express near Sesame Place: Free kids admission with each paid adult, kids eat free at Dine with Elmo. Book by April 30th 2018 for travel before September 3rd 2018.
- Great Wolf Lodge and Waterpark in Sandusky, OH: Stay 2 nights and get 25% off of your room rates (waterpark passes are included with your stay, suites available perfect for families.) This really is a good value if you are looking for a waterpark escape with the kiddos. Available 3/6-5/5, use promo code MOREFUN
- John Carver Inn (Near Thomasland and Edaville Theme Park outside of Boston): 1 night of accomodation, admission for 2 to Edaville (discount on additional tickets), breakfast for two and a special gift! This hotel also has an awesome, toddler friendly pool making this an easy to plan, all in one escape! Edaville opens April 7th for the 2018 season!
- The Sea Watch Resort in Myrtle Beach, SC: Great deals of up to 35% off for Sunday-Thursday stays. Direct access to a great beach, a beachside playground, two lazy rivers, 6 pools (two seasonally heated) and family friendly suites and condos should put this deal on your family vacation hot list!
- Rocking Horse Ranch – Highland, NY: This all inclusive ranch experience SEEMS a little on the pricey side (rates round $399/room/night when I checked) until you see all that it includes. The rate includes 3 meals per day plus snacks, an indoor water park, unlimited horseback riding (for a horse crazy kid this would be HEAVEN), children’s programs, sleigh rides (in the winter…) the list just goes on. This place looks like an AMAZING family vacation that will be filled with memories, located just 90 minutes from New York City.
- Holiday Inn and Suites North Beach – Virginia Beach, VA: This budget minded hotel is located right on beautiful Virginia Beach and the boardwalk. The hotel offers oceanfront rooms overlooking a great pool as well as a children’s activity center/program called Splash Kamp and a movie theater. Kids eat free at all Holiday Inn hotels (and the property offers a great package deal that will include breakfast for the adults.)
- Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort – Orlando, FL: This is a budget winner in Orlando Florida! Great rates on rooms and family suites (I saw rates between $116-$156, varies by season). The resort has a great pool area with lazy river (and a bar for the adults). As a bonus, the resort is within walking distance of the Universal Theme parks AND your room gets you 1 hour early entrance into The Wizarding World of Potter and Volcano Bay.
- The Tyler Place Family Resort – Vermont: This summer fun resort really is a family winner. All inclusive pricing features your room/cottage, meals, bicycles for each family member (including baby seats), a dizzying array of activities for all ages (think boat rides, nature walks, campfires, trampolines, water park, arts and crafts, and so much more!. I love the parent’s nights out. The resort arranges adult activities and you can leave your kids with capable sitters (additional fee). This place doesn’t fit “budget friendly” at a quick look, but this really is a destination vacation where EVERYTHING is included.
- Park Vue Inn – Anaheim, CA (DISNEY!): The Park Vue Inn is right next to Disney Land. Great family rooms and suites featuring bed configuration to fit many family sizes as well as a hot breakfast and a Cold Stone Creamery onsite (this would be enough for my 5 year old right here…the HECK with Disney Land!) The hotel has a great patio area where you can see the nightly Disney fireworks display right at the hotel.
- The Lake Buena Vista Resort Village, Orlando FL: This all suite property offers one, two, three AND four bedroom suites! NO more trying to squish together into a room that really doesn’t fit your family or having to get two separate rooms and HOPING that they are near each other. The suites all have a full kitchen as well as a washer and dryer. The resort has a beautiful pool area with a kids area with a giant pirate ship as well as an organized kids program. This place could be a vacation destination in and of itself, so the included transportation to and from nearby theme parks is just the icing on the cake!
- Caribbean Vacation Packages: Here are links to a whole list of great vacation package deals for the Caribbean (some all inclusive including kids stay free and other bonuses).
- Hawaii Travel Deals: Is Hawaii on your bucket list? Hawaii can be SUPER expensive. Here are some great package deals for Hawaii to help make your Hawaii vacation dreams some true!
- Cozumel Palace (ALL INCLUSIVE): 45% off, kids and teens stay free, up to $1500 in resort credits. Book by April 1st, 2018 for travel before December 23rd, 2018.
- Club Med (ALL INCLUSIVE): Rates starting as low as $115 pp/per night (and kids under 4 stay free!). Book by May 1st, 2018 for travel before October 27, 2018.
- The Holiday Inn Resort, Baruna Bali: Bali is SOOO on the bucket list for us! This resort is located right on a beautiful beach and sits amidst a beautiful tropical garden with plenty of room for the kids to run around (always a big win in my book!) The resort has a stellar kids program where they keep your kids busy with a variety of activities (including cooking classes for you budding chef!)
These are all places that we have stayed and loved or places that are on our family travel bucket list!
- Holiday Inn Resort – Panama City Beach, Florida: A great value resort with a great water park and beautiful beach. Read our full review here.
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake: This location is right outside of Disney, but with so much to do at the resort, it could be a vacation in itself! Multiple water parks and pools!
Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Galveston: We loved our stay at this laid back beach hotel. A full kitchen and easy beach access made this a relaxing vacation with kids.
- Locanda Samara, Costa Rica: We wished that we could have stayed here on our visit to Costa Rica. Samara beach is SUPER kid friendly and this hotel is really beautiful and right on the beach!
- Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay, Jamaica: This has been on our list for a couple of years now. The hotel is an all inclusive, kids stay free and it has a super shallow ocean in front protected by a man made island…perfect for toddlers!
- Hilton Hawaiian Village, Waikiki: A huge resort with a beautiful beach, a swimming lagoon with sea turtles (a great place for littles to swim and you to relax). The place is so big there is a tram to get around!
- Kelly Creek Hotel, Cahuita, Costa Rica: This little boutique style hotel on the east coast of Costa Rica got on our vacation radar when I saw the beautiful beach nearby and read on their website about all of the animals that visit their property. This is a really special place!
- Gram’s Place Hostel, Tampa FL: This place has piqued my interest for our travels this year. There is SO much to do in Tampa, and this is a kitschy, unique home base. They have a tiny room that is a great value for those that don’t mind roughing it a little (the kids will LOVE it – it has a cute little bunk bed and a skylight!)